I think that many of us depend primarily on power or electricity and it seems we can’t live a day without electricity. Although there are people who can really live without power and they’re already get used of it many of us find that blackout is inconvenient and hassle but there are also some factors we can benefit when the power outage happen. Like the last time I learned that there will be a power outage on the next day here in our town and because it falls on Saturday we planned to go out to have some fun at the Mall (family bonding).
Power blackout or power outage may be hassle in the work or in the livelihood but it benefits our Mother Earth as it cools down our planet and saves also some energy that we can use in future consumption. But for us who depends on power electricity we may considered blackout as an opportunity to do some other things or spent some time together with our family (especially if we are busy when there is power), check-out some of my ideas on what to do during power blackout or power shortage.
- Malling – If you haven’t had a time to go to the mall because you are busy with your daily living now is the chance to chill out in the mall, relax and get the things you need or have a grocery that can only find in the mall.
- Travelling – this time is also perfect for a sudden travelling to go somewhere especially if you are longing to go in a special place but too busy to do because of work or other things that suppressing your plans.
- General Cleaning – Power outage is a great opportunity to clean the whole house including the compound. Although we do the daily cleaning routine, cleaning every spot in the house is healthy for the whole family. Dish out the things that we don’t need and organize some files, clothes and other things in the house which can give you a refreshing and breathable feeling.
- Playing – Play with the whole family so that they can’t feel the boredom while waiting for the power to come back.
- Finish your project – If you have an unfinished project like cross-stitching, drawing or crafting power blackout is a great chance to finish it.
- Wash your own vehicle – save the bucks that you will spend on the carwash and just do it by yourself, while washing your own vehicle when the power is out you can even check if there are some maintaining to do for your vehicle.
- Visit a friend.
- Go to the gym and burn some calories.
- Have a barbecue bonding in the backyard with the family.
- Go to the SPA.
- Do some gardening.
- Read your unfinished book.
- Take a nap.
- Cycling around the town.
How about you, what will you do if you know that tomorrow there will be a whole day power outage? Please share your ideas.